The DIY journey of a California citygirl and a Montana farmboy

Spring TableScape Decor

IMG_6561

Welcome to CityGirlmeetsFarmBoy!  You are probably joining me from Michelle with The Painted Hinge Blog, isn’t she amazing?  Next you will hop over to Kelly from the Live Laugh Rowe Blog to get even more inspiration!  I am so excited to be participating in this Spring Blog Hop hosted by Kendra from Joy In Our Home.

Today I am showcasing simple ways to create a spring tablescape using stenciled chargers.  Depending on the mood I am in, I will decorate my table super simple or full of decor.  What is your style?  I hope you will find some new ideas as you join me.

IMG_6554

Stenciled Chargers

The main focus of my tablescape this season was stenciled chargers.  I love wood chargers as my placemats because they are so inexpensive and versatile.  I showcase  how to create your own chargers on my Do It Yourself Stenciled Chargers blog post here.  I give all the details on how to cut your wood, what types of paint to use, and where to grab your stencils!  I love The Renaissance Tile Set B from Royal Design Studio Stencils found here.

It came in different sizes and with multiple forms.  You will love all their styles!  Here is a quick review of how to make the chargers:

Once they are dry you are ready to go!

Now it’s time to add some decor to the centerpiece.  I have to admit, I am a very simple decorator.  I usually do not add a lot of centerpiece decor to my table because I can’t see over it to talk to my kids at dinner.  Let me give you a few ideas of how to add simple or not so simple decorations.

Step 1 – Your Base

You will decide about a few things:

1.  Tablecloth verses NO tablecloth

2.  Tablerunner verses NO tablerunner

3.  Placemat verses NO placemat

Any choice is a great choice – anything works because it’s your home and your style.  For my first setting I chose:

1.) YES on TABLECLOTH

2.) NO on TABLE RUNNER

3.) YES on PLACEMATS.

IMG_6557

Step 2 – Your Place Settings

You get to be super creative here!  No need to have expensive things.  I buy dishes from Ross Dress for Less (very inexpensive) as well as my round rope chargers.   Here are a few more choices to make:

1. Chargers verses NO chargers

2. Desired dishes

3. Napkin style

4. Silverware verses NO silverware

Here is a step by step of how I created my place settings this season:

Add your tablecloth and round charger

IMG_6547

Add your stenciled wood charger

IMG_6548

Add your dinner plate

IMG_6549

Add your salad plate

IMG_6550

Add your napkin & silverware – any style will do

IMG_6552

For my napkins I grabbed the center and shook the napkin to fall naturally.  I added some string and placed a name card in the center (found these at Michaels for super cheap).

So easy!  I keep my placemats set at all times so that it feels like dinner is almost ready, even though most of the time I haven’t even started!

IMG_6556

Step 3 – Centerpiece

I am going to show you three ways I fiddled with my centerpiece.  I chose to look for things in my home that would last (I wish I could have fresh flowers all the time but I can’t!) and I had laying around.  You can shop The Dollar Store, Michaels, Joann’s, Ross and TJ Max for some inexpensive decor items.

Theme ONE – Simple

I added three flower pots in a horizontal line.   This is simple and pleasing to the eye, especially if your place settings are a more “busy” look.

IMG_6559

Three’s and five’s are always a good numbering style.

IMG_6558

Theme TWO –  Simple “ish”

You can add more flowers and bases to the center.  Sometimes a tablerunner is a perfect look for a more in depth style.  Adding greenery under items adds to the look.

Here I glued wood flowers into foam squares, then inserted them into a wood tray I received from Devanie at KrumpetsHome.com – her decor is amazing and priced really well.  Check out all her styles and designs in her online store here – you will love it!

IMG_6553

IMG_6562

Theme THREE – Not Simple

For special occasions I will create a more detailed setting.  Once again there is no right or wrong way to do this.  Search Pinterest and Instagram for ideas and save the ones that speak to you and your style.

For my space I wanted neutral colors.  I added lanterns, candlesticks, wood signs and greenery until I was satisfied.  You will fiddle with your space until you like it, and sometimes that takes time.  I will often change something the next day just because it doesn’t look right.

IMG_6563

Adding wood signs is always fun, KrumpetsHome has SO MANY for cheap.

IMG_6571

IMG_6569

IMG_6570

I also added some burlap for a natural addition.

IMG_6565

IMG_6571

Setting a table is truly all about your own creativity and what you are feeling at the time.  It is never wrong, so be careful not to compare yourself or what you have to others.  Remember that your family is so lucky to have you and the care that you give your home.  You are irreplaceable!

Good luck this spring and have a blast decorating your home.  Let us know if you need help with those chargers!

IMG_6568

Love,

IMG_7271

PS – Enjoy the rest of the Blog Hop Tour today with these amazing feeds!

thumbnail_springbloghop-graphic

Tablescapes on Monday

Timeless Creations | The Crowned Goat | The Painted Hinge
City Girl Meets Farm Boy | Live Laugh Rowe

Vignettes on Tuesday    Joy In Our Home | Kingsbury Brook Farm | Chatfield Court
Curly Crafty Mom | 2 Bees in a Pod

Recipes on Wednesday

Love In My Oven | Countryside Cravings | Crisp Collective
Berly’s Kitchen | Kelly Lynns Sweets & Treats

Front Porches on Thursday

White Arrows Home  | DIY Beautify | Poofing the Pillows
Little Brags | Noting Grace

Mantles on Friday

Repurpose and Upcycle  | Pennies From Heaven Home
The Homemaking Momma  | A Brick Home

51 thoughts on “Spring Tablescape with Stenciled Chargers

1. Carrie at Curly Crafty Mom says:

The ‘Not Simple’ is my absolute favorite, it is so visually appealing! I love the ‘I am Grateful for this Day’ sign! So cute. Those stenciled chargers are such a wonderful idea and I love the color you painted them!

Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

1. I am so grateful you stopped by. It made my day!

2. So beautiful!! I love how you offered three different ways to decorate the table! I have to agree though, I like to keep things a little lower so I can see the guests on the other side. Thanks!

1. Yep! Or else they get lost on the other side of the table!

3. CoCo Tyre says:

I love those stenciled chargers – they are so cool! And I love how you gave different centerpiece options too, everything is festive and elegant. Hugs, CoCo

1. So glad you were here~~!!!

4. Kelly Rowe says:

So many great ideas packed into one post! Thanks so much for sharing. The DIY Stenciled Chargers are such a fabulous idea. However, my favorite is the ‘not simple’ –just love all the pieces pulled together. Happy Spring, Kelly! xx

5. krowe74 says:

So much inspiration! I love the ‘not simple’ tablescape the most — all of the pieces really draw you in with curiosity 😉 The stenciled chargers are such a fantastic idea as well. Happy Spring, Kelly! xx

1. Thanks friend! Loved doing this with you!

6. Your stenciled chargers are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing how you made them! And your table centerpiece is to die for!

1. Michelle you made my day! Thank you!

7. Your table is so pretty and those chargers are amazing! What a fun and trendy way to add some layers. Love this idea!

1. Thank you so much! You made my day!

8. kingsburybrookfarm says:

It is really hard to pick a favorite theme… They are all so pretty! These stenciled chargers are AMAZING!!!! Such a creative DIY project!

9. joyinourhomblog says:

Such beautiful settings, Kelly! I love simple but then the other one is such a collection of pretty decor! The stenciling is gorgeous too! So glad you’re a part of this blog hop! xo

1. Thanks tons babe! I am so glad you pulled this off!

10. Cindy says:

Really great ideas here for a spring table! I love your stenciled chargers…I just finished a stenciled sign formy dining room and an inspired to make some matching chargers!

1. Yes! Use it for this! It was so cheap and so easy!

11. Ohhh those stenciled chargers are the bomb!!!! I love the entire setting, super super pretty!!!!

1. I am so glad you stopped by!!! You made my day!

12. So creative!! I definitely need to try to make these stenciled chargers. Pinned 🙂

1. I am so grateful you stopped by!!! Loved this blog hop!

13. Wow, the chargers are a fantastically creative idea! Really pretty tablescape.

14. whitearrowshome says:

I just loved your table! I loved seeing the different ideas for styling a centerpiece and I LOVED the painted stencils! Your tablecloth is gorgeous too! Is it vintage? Thanks for the inspiration!

1. Yes! Its from my mom from so many years ago! I love using it. I am so glad you stopped by!

15. Pingback: How to Decorate a Spring Mantel
  16. marlydice says:

Wow, Kelly! I love all three centerpeice styles but the last one with the most decor is my favorite! It looks stunning. Also, how cool are those stenciled placemats? Such an AWESOME idea. And, I love that you broke down exactly how to re-create the look in your step-by-step photos. 🙂

1. You are so kind and totally made my day!!! I am so grateful you stopped by!

17. Such a fun idea. Pinned it! BTW, that’s the cutest name ever for a blog! 😉

1. You are so cute Cindy! You made my day!!!

18. I’m in love with those little wood, stencil pieces that you used for place settings. They are really unique and beautiful! All of the tablescapes are gorgeous, but I think the first with the three greenery pieces is my favorite. Clean, simple, and gorgeous!

1. Thank you Kim! I love simple, my mind just works that way better. So grateful you stopped by!

19. All three are very pretty tables, but I think I like the simpler centerpiece with the wood flowers. I like the way the flowers in the centerpiece compliment that gorgeous tablecloth! The stenciled placemats are a fabulous idea! Great post!

1. Thank you so much Ann! You made my day

20. What a great idea! I love your creative use of stencils! This is a beautiful tablescape – perfect for spring

1. I am so grateful you stopped by! Than you Jen!!!